Profile:
Drama: Nagatan to Ao to: Ichika no Ryoricho (ながたんと青と-いちかの料理帖)
Network: WOWOW
Episodes: 10
Release Date: March 24 - May 26, 2023
Runtime: Fridays 23:00
Language: Japanese
Country: Japan
Plot: The story is set in post war Kyoto, when the eldest female daughter of a struggling ryoten family agrees to an arranged marriage with the third son of a weathy hotel family, who is 15 years younger than her.
Cast:
Mugi Kadowaki - Ichika Kuwanoki
Ryuto Sakuma - Amane Yamaguchi
Aoi Nakamura - Akitsugu Tajima
Shunya Shiraishi - Yukari Yamaguchi
Review:
This is a simple story and so easy to complete. I liked the 1950s setting and how Ichika was doing something different and cool during that time. I loved watching her prepare the food. I didn't realize how intricate Japanese food is aside from the usual things we see in Japanese restaurants. Plus the fusion of Western food, which is Ichika's specialty. I was hungry juat watching her cook and wondered how good it tasted.
However, i felt like the food was for the episodic story and together was supposed to show the new Kuwanoki that Ichika was trying to develop but I didnt feel it. It was like the show was telling me rather than me realizing it after 10 episodes how good she is.
The marriage was okay, i liked that despite the age gap, Amane was mature although a bit unbelievable that he would have the business knowledge at his age. Amane was also boring and he barely had any facial expressions. I don't know when exactly they fell in love with each other but they had a good relationship because they supported each other and were friends.
On the other hand, I also liked the cute chef Tajima. Not sure if he also liked Ichika but I semi wished they ended up together too.
Since the drama is short, the story felt incomplete. Like what happens after winning the chef contest? I want to see Ichika and Kuwanoki become successful and the ryoten so full with customers. I want to see her improve her cooking skills.
Rating: 8/10
No comments:
Post a Comment