Profile:
Drama: Brush Up Life (ブラッシュアップライフ)
Network: NTV
Episodes: 10
Release Date: January 8 - March 12, 2023
Runtime: Sundays 22:30-23:25
TV Ratings: 8.5%
Language: Japanese
Country: Japan
Plot: An ordinary woman went out for drinks with her best friends and got into an accident. When she woke up, she was in a strange place and she was gicen a choice to start her life all over again or go to the next one.
Main Cast:
Sakura Ando - Asami Kondo
Kaho- Natsuki Kadokura
Haruka Kinami - Miho Yonekawa
Asami Mizukawa - Mari Uno
Review:
I didn't read the plot so in the first episode i was wondering why they just kept talking about their past and was shocked when Achin died then went to the strange white place. Then things got super interesting as she tried to reboot her life. I laughed out loud when she heard her next life is a giant anteater.
At first i thought the point was just to earn good points to be a human in the next life but as she kept going through her second, third, fourth round i thought she ended up genuinely wanting to help her friends too, and even the teacher she hated.
We meet a few more people who rebooted their lives and it made me wonder what route i would choose. Achin who changed in her every life, Mari who was perfecting her life for a good cause, the other girl who just wanted to do the same thing because she was happy with her life. Or just go on to my next life even if i end up being an anteater or mackerel. I think I will try to change my life to be a better person than I was before.
There were also lots of funny moments, some scenes may be repetitive but it was fine, there was always something different even if they repeated the scenes.
I was curious how the story will end and it wasn't what i was expecting. I thought it was just about Achin but it was actually about the friendship between the 4 girls.
However, the story also made me think why Achin and Mari desperately wanted to save their friends yet the other two also die every single life but they never reboot their lives or try to change them or meet the two. And why did Achin not remember Mari's first round? She only became aware during Mari's second round.
Rating: 8.5/10
No comments:
Post a Comment