Profile:
Drama: Killing Romance (킬링 로맨스)
Release Date: April 14, 2023
Runtime: 107 min.
Genre: Comedy films
Distributor: Warner Bros. Korea
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
Cast:
Lee Sun Gyun - Jonathan Na
Lee Hanee - Hwang Yeo rae
Gong Myung - Kim Bum Woo
Review:
I started watching this 2 days ago and stopped after 10 mins. Then the tragic news happened about Lee Sun Gyun's death so I decided to resume watching this. And i'm glad I did.
It's a black comedy and weird (in a good way) story about an ex actress who schemes with her young neighbor/fanboy to kill her abusive husband. Add musical scenes, Lee Sun Kyun in his wonderful glory as Jonathan Na, Lee Hanee looking gorgeous and still hilarious, the ostrich, that funny dance off between Happiness and Yeoraeism and i understand why this became a cult favorite this year.
It's fun to watch and something you can watch repeatedly when you're down or you just want to watch something silly. I wonder what the writer was thinking of when he wrote the script. Lol.
Lastly i'd rather remember LSK as this amazing actor who shone on screen. He was so alive and happy in this movie even when he was playing the bad guy. He looked like he was having a blast with his character and gave a memorable performance. ❤️❤️❤️
Rating: 8/10
No comments:
Post a Comment